Why use Aten- 100 mg for high blood pressure?
Aten- 100 mg is a beta blocker and one of the most common drugs given for high blood pressure. It is used to:
- Reduce angina (chest pain)
- Decrease high blood pressure (hypertension)
- Reduce the amount of work of heart muscles after a heart attack
Aten- 100 mg is FDA approved. It is proven to be safe and effective to use in treating heart and blood ailments. The onset of action of this medication is seen after 1 hour. The duration of the effect in the body can last from 12-24 hours. Aten 100 mg is available here for only $5.46 per 30 tablets of 100 mg.
How does Aten- 100 mg work?
Aten- 100 mg contains Atenolol as an active ingredient. It is beta blocker that works by stopping the action of adrenaline in the body from activating the beta receptors in the blood vessels and heart. When the beta receptors are activated the blood pressure and the heart rate goes up. Aten- 100 mg causes the blood vessels to relax thus lowering the blood pressure and reduce chest pain or angina. The relaxation of the blood vessels allows blood to flow easily thus providing more oxygen to the heart. This reduces the workload of the heart as it pumps the blood around the body.
How to use Aten- 100 mg?
Take Aten- 100 mg exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Swallow the tablet with a glass of water. Do not crush or chew the tablet. The usual recommended dose is 1 to 2 tablets a day. This can be taken with or without a food. Do not take more or less dosage than what is given. The adjustment of the dose depends on the patient’s situation. The quick stop of using may cause severe effects. Before you stop taking the drug you must consult the doctor.
What are the side effects of Aten- 100 mg?
Common side effects of the drug are:
- Insomnia and anxiety
Serious side effects which may need medical attention:
- Severe allergic reactions
- Light-headedness and fast Heartbeat
- Nausea and abdominal pain
- Shortness of breath
- Depression and Jaundice
- Pain in the shoulders or arms
- The coldness of hands or feet and Fatigue
This is not the whole list of side effects of the Aten 100 mg tablet. There may be any effects that are not listed may occur. In this cases, inform your doctor right away.
Warnings and Precautions
Do not take Aten 100 mg if you:
- Are allergic to any of its content
- Have blood circulation disease
- Are breastfeeding, pregnant or planning to be pregnant
Inform your doctor if you:
- Have diabetes and Low blood pressure
- Have any heart problems
- Have congestive heart failure and Hyper/Hypothyroidism
- Have Kidney disease