Why Admenta for Alzheimer’s disease?
Admenta is very useful in treating the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease such as dementia. This drug can make people with dementia think clearly and complete their daily activities effectively. Admenta is an affordable Alzheimer’s disease medication and is available here at our pharmacy.
How does Admenta work?
Admenta contains Memantine as an active ingredient. It is an oral receptor antagonist that works by blocking the action of glutamate. Glutamate is a chemical messenger involved in the transmission of nerve signals. Admenta reduces the abnormal activities in the brain and repairs the issue in the CNS. Memantine, however, will not cure Alzheimer’s disease. It will only affect the chemicals in the brain and repair the issue present in it.
How to use Admenta?
Your dose, strength and duration of the treatment depend upon the advice of your doctor. In taking this medication, swallow the tablet whole. Do not crush or break the tablet. You may take Admenta tablet with or without food.
What are the side effects of Admenta?
The following list of side effects may occur from all constituting ingredients of Admenta.
- Nausea and vomiting
- An increased libido
If you experienced any of the side effects mentioned for a prolonged period of time, consult your doctor right away.
Warning and Precautions
The following are warnings and precautions that you need to consider when using Admenta. Inform your doctor if you:
- Have ever been diagnosed with heart problems such as high blood pressure, heart failure and heart attack.
- Have epileptic seizures
- You are pregnant or planning to conceive.
- Have kidney and liver problems. Some health conditions may make you susceptible to the side effects of this drug.
- You are taking other medications. Admenta may react with other drugs.
Other things to consider are:
- Admenta may cause side effects that could affect your ability to drive.
This medication should be used with caution in patients with severe liver problems.