Why use the Acivir cream?
Acivir cream is approved by the US FDA in treating viral infections caused by the Herpes Zoster. Acivir Cream can treat the following infections:
- Cold sores
- Genital herpes
Acivir cream is available here at only $1.82 per tube of 5gm.
How does Acivir cream work?
Acivir cream works as an antiviral agent for chickenpox, genital herpes, and herpes zoster. It has Acyclovir content that treats illness caused by the herpes virus. Acyclovir inhibits the viral DNA mixture and production. It hinders the DNA polymerase enzyme. The onset of action of this medication occurs 1-2 hours after administration. Its effects can last for an average of 9 to 12 hours.
How to use Acivir cream?
Use Acivir cream as prescribed by your doctor. Do not apply more amount than what is recommended. Ask for doctors ‘advice if you experience any effect. Drink adequate amount of water to lower the risk of kidney injury. Ask your doctor before using the cream.
What are the side effects of Acivir Cream?
Here are the minor and major side effects of Acivir Cream
- Bump and redness at the injection spot (severe)
- Stomach pain (severe)
- Dryness and Thirst (severe)
- Loss of appetite (severe)
- Tiredness and faintness (severe)
- Dark or tarry stools (severe and rare)
- Fever and chills (severe and rare)
- Seizures (severe and rare)
- Uncommon bleeding (severe and rare)
This is not the complete list of the side effects. Proper guidance of the doctor is always important.
Warnings and Precautions
- Discuss with your doctor the risk and benefits of the cream.
- Acivir Cream is safe for pregnant women.
- This medicine is taken from breast milk
- Cream may raise the risk of kidney and liver injury.
- Do not take along with other medicine.
- Use with caution to patients with severe kidney injury
- It will raise the risk of neurological problems
- Safety cautions must be established for Children less than 2 years old
Doctor’s prescription is important to avoid severe effects of the cream
- Adequate water must be taken to avoid build-up of the medicine
- Appropriate adjustments of the dosage depending on the medical condition
- Use with caution to avoid liver and kidney injury
- Adjust dosage to avoid mental illness for elderly
- Care must be done for children less than 2 years old
- Seek for medical advice in case of overdose
- Do not double the intake in case of missing dosage
- Alternate medicine is considerable base on the clinical situation